Derek and Ashley started running together in the fall of 2014 as part of a “Couch-to-5K” training plan for the Faith Mission Turkey Stampede 5K on Thanksgiving Day in Elkhart, Indiana. We wanted to learn how to cook fresh food and exercise to feel good. What began as a small change in habit transformed into a cherished pastime. In our first year we went all in:
- Trained through the winter
- Ran multiple 5K and 10K races
- Joined the Two Rivers Running Club
- Completed our first Sprint Triathlon and joined the Triple Threat team
- Volunteered with Stone Soup Promotions, working in Race Management
- Started cycling with road bikes and joined Three Oaks Spokes
- Ran a Half Marathon together as a newly engaged couple!